BayCare Fitness Centers to Reopen Following COVID-19 Closings
BayCare Fitness Centers will re-open its doors Wednesday, May 20 in accordance with Governor Ron DeSantis’ announcement, allowing fitness centers to open at limited capacity across the Florida.
All four BayCare Fitness Centers will resume operation: Bloomingdale, Carillon, Cheek-Powell and Palm Harbor.
“We’re glad to announce the reopening of our fitness centers and have plans in place to ensure members are safe when they are in our facilities,” said Jim Cote, senior vice president for Ambulatory Services at BayCare.
BayCare Fitness Centers will open at limited capacity with no more than 50 members at a time for general admission with continued virtual class offerings. At this time, there will be no group classes, massage services, personal training or childcare. Massage services and personal training are expected to be available starting May 26.
Fitness centers will temporarily open under new hours, Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To ensure everyone is protected, BayCare Fitness Centers have enhanced standard safety processes and cleaning procedures. Some of those measures include:
- Members will be required to check-in and check-out during each visit
- Workout time for each member will be limited to 90 minutes
- Coach consults will be modified to meet restrictions set by the Governor
- Equipment spacing/availability will ensure 6-feet social distancing requirements
- Seating and waiting areas have been modified to maintain social distancing requirements
- All staff will be wearing masks
- Members are encouraged to wear masks
- Towels will be available and should be used
- Mats, weights, jump rope and other equipment should be wiped after each use
- Temperatures will be checked before entry
- Disinfectant spray will be available in locker rooms and showers
- All the fitness centers will always be cleaned prior to opening
- Staff will monitor member cleaning of equipment before and after use
- There will be increased sanitizing stations around each facility including gym wipes and hand sanitizer
- Blood pressure checks will be done only in the case of an emergency
For more information, visit BayCareFitnessCenters.org.