Sports Medicine Services in Lutz, Florida
Sports medicine physicians specialize in the medical diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. Approximately 90 percent of all sports-related injuries are non surgical, and all sports medicine physicians specialize in assessment and management of non-operative musculoskeletal injuries. Common conditions treated by sports medicine physicians include:
- Acute injuries, such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries and fractures
- Over use injuries, such as tendonitis or stress fractures
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness, such as infectious mononucleosis, asthma or diabetes
- Postoperative rehabilitation
- "Return to play" decisions in the sick or injured athlete
At St. Joseph's Hospital-North we offer imaging services, physician counseling and surgical services.
For more information or a physician referral, please call 1-800-BayCare (1-800-229-2273).
Learn more about sports medicine services at BayCare.