St. Anthony’s Hospital is excited to partner with the cardiothoracic and vascular surgery team from Morton Plant Hospital to share expertise and exceptional care with patients here in south Pinellas County.
Complementing the services provided by each hospital, this collaboration brings together a multidisciplinary team of experts from Morton Plant and St. Anthony’s to offer south Pinellas County residents even greater access to quality heart medical and surgical services. Cardiovascular surgeons from Morton Plant will be on-site at St. Anthony’s for bedside consultations with patients and will work with physicians at St. Anthony’s to develop customized treatment plans from admission diagnosis to discharge.
The Morton Plant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery physician team is part of the award-winning and Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital located at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, FL, where over 500 open-heart surgeries, 1,800 interventional cases, and 2,700 diagnostic cardiovascular services are performed annually.
St. Anthony’s Hospital Cardiology program is committed to providing exceptional, compassionate care for every stage of treatment including:
- Diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization
- Emergency and elective percutaneous coronary intervention (cardiac stenting)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular testing and imaging
If more complex surgical intervention is needed, patients will not only have access to the state-of-the-art cardiac facilities at Morton Plant, but peace of mind knowing they have fully-coordinated care between St. Anthony’s and Morton Plant physicians.
Advanced cardiovascular and thoracic services offered through this collaboration include:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair (mitral valve clipping such as MitraClip Therapy) and replacement (TMVR) for aortic or mitral valve stenosis treatment
- Aortic Surgery including both open and endovascular treatment for thoracic and abdominal aortic disease including aneurysms and dissections (TEVAR and EVAR)
- Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement Therapy for mitral regurgitation treatment
- Surgical Aortic Valve Repair or Aortic Valve replacement for aortic stenosis treatment
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery for patients with valvular heart disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Surgery-On-Pump and Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) Surgery-Off-Pump for the treatment of conditions like coronary heart disease
View a complete list of surgical services offered through this partnership.
For more information or to schedule an appointment at the St. Anthony's office, call (844) 370-4496.