Children's Health Services in Clearwater, Florida
At Morton Plant Hospital, our pediatric specialists offer the highest-quality neonatal intensive care for the smallest of newborns to the best in outpatient pediatric services for children of all ages. We are proud to offer additional pediatric programs to help patients and families, including the Child Life and Child Wellness and Safety Services and the Sick-Child Care Program.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
For babies who are born early, who have problems during delivery, or who develop problems while still in the hospital, we offer peace of mind with our neonatal intensive care unit, sometimes called a special care nursery.
Offering a high-level of specialty newborn care, Morton Plant Hospital has a 10-bed Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The NICU team includes certified nurses, respiratory therapy staff and 24-hour, in house, board-certified neonatologists or nurse practitioners.
A specialized NICU transport ambulance offers coordinated, one-call service between Morton Plant Hospital and the following hospitals:
- Mease Countryside Hospital
- St. Joseph's Children's Hospital
- Other Tampa Bay specialty children's hospitals
Outpatient Pediatric Services
Our outpatient-based pediatric services include:
- Active asthma management program at our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Department
- Hearing health assessments and hearing aid services at Morton Plant Mease Hearing Health Center
- Outpatient pediatric rehabilitation is available at the following locations:
- Barrett Rehabilitation Center in Clearwater (occupational and speech therapies)
- Morton Plant Mease Rehabilitative Services at the BayCare Fitness Center (Palm Harbor) - occupational and speech therapies
- BayCare Kids Specialty Center at Mease Countryside Hospital (physical, occupational and speech therapies) as well as pediatric specialists in cardiology, pulmonology and gastroenterology
For a referral to pediatric physician, please visit our online physician finder or call (727) 462-7500.
Learn more about being a parent and family advisor for women's and children's services.
Learn more about children's health services at BayCare.
Morton Plant Hospital
300 Pinellas St.
Clearwater, FL 33756