Your grief matters to us.
The Morton Plant Mease Spiritual Care Department supports families, team members and the general public through its bereavement program. Caring resources are available at time of death and in the months to follow.
The bereavement coordinator can be reached by calling (727) 462-7995 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caring Services include:
- Assistance with selection of a funeral home.
- Materials to help navigate the time following your loss.
- A series of four timely and educational mailings to provide support during the first year.
- Services of Remembrance to support families and honor loved ones who have died.
- A Survivor’s Guide to the Holidays program held each November to provide support in advance of the holiday season.
- Grief support groups held on our hospital campuses throughout the year.
- Personalized referrals to other community-based grief resources including individual and group support.
- Coordination with BayCare’s Faith Community Nursing program for connection to resources offered by area congregations.
Listen to a podcast with our bereavement coordinator on grief and the grieving process.
Mourning During Social Distancing
Mourning during this time of social distancing poses real challenges.