Morton Plant North Bay Hospital Announces Community Celebration Marking its 50th Anniversary
Community Celebration Marking its 50th Anniversary
Public Invited to Enjoy Free Family-Oriented Fun, Barbecue Buffet and Musical Entertainment at the Jan. 25 Special Event
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla., (December 18, 2014) - To celebrate its 50 years of service to the West Pasco community, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital is inviting the public to a community celebration from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 25, at the Morton Plant North Bay Medical Arts Building, 6633 Forest Ave., New Port Richey.
All activities are free and include:
- Performances by American Idol Season 5 finalist Melissa McGhee
- Barbecue lunch
- Contests and prizes by St. Joe’s Kids Club
- Face painting, balloon artists, and teacup and tumbler decorating
- More than 20 health information tables, and free blood pressure tests and glucose screenings.
“We are proud to be part of the West Pasco and New Port Richey communities and to have been able to create the modern hospital campus that Morton Plant North Bay is today,” said Michael Yungmann, President, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital. “On Jan. 25, we invite our neighbors to join us and celebrate our ongoing commitment to providing quality care.”
To register or obtain additional information about Morton Plant North Bay’s 50th anniversary community celebration, call (727) 253-4206 or go to www.BayCareEvents.org.
As West Pasco County’s only not-for-profit community hospital, Morton Plant North Bay has made significant improvements and investments to better serve individuals and families throughout its half-century history. Since 1999 alone, more than $100 million has been invested in expanding the hospital campus, improving technologies, developing new programs and adding services. The hospital was founded in 1965 and was the first hospital in New Port Richey.
Currently under way is the expansion and renovation of the Mitchell Rehabilitation Hospital, an acute care facility that will provide 30 new private rooms and additional treatment and therapy space for neurological and orthopedic patients.
The Mitchell Rehabilitation Hospital is the only facility of its kind in Pasco County accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Morton Plant North Bay was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer in Key Quality Measures.
Previous improvements include:
- Four-story Starkey Medical Tower featuring all private patient rooms
- Updated Emergency Room with new treatment areas and improved design for faster care ? New Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with larger rooms and the latest technology
- Digital operating suites with technology that helps physicians minimize patients’ time in surgery
- New Medical Arts Building featuring expanded sleep disorders center, outpatient lab facility, outpatient rehabilitation services, plus primary care and specialist physician offices
- Only inpatient rehabilitation program in Pasco and Hernando counties to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- New classroom and community education space.
About Morton Plant North Bay Hospital
Established in 1965, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital is a 154-bed facility committed to improving the health of everyone it serves. Morton Plant North Bay has received the Gold Seal of ApprovalTM for Primary Stroke Care from the Joint Commission. Morton Plant North Bay Hospital is located at 6600 Madison St., New Port Richey, Fla.
About BayCare Health System
BayCare Health System is a leading community-based health system in the Tampa Bay area. Composed of a network of 11 not-for-profit hospitals, outpatient facilities and services such as imaging, lab, behavioral health and home health care, BayCare provides expert medical care throughout a patient’s lifetime. With more than 200 access points conveniently located throughout Tampa Bay, BayCare connects patients to a complete range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for any health care need.
BayCare’s family of hospitals are: Mease Countryside, Mease Dunedin, Morton Plant, Morton Plant North Bay, St. Anthony’s, St. Joseph’s, St. Joseph’s Children’s, St. Joseph’s Hospital-North, St. Joseph’s Women’s, South Florida Baptist, and Winter Haven. For more information, visit BayCare on the Web at www.BayCare.org.