Sports Medicine Services in Riverview, Florida
Sports medicine physicians specialize in the medical diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. Approximately 90 percent of all sports-related injuries can be treated nonsurgically, and all sports medicine physicians specialize in assessment and management of nonoperative musculoskeletal injuries. Common conditions treated by sports medicine physicians include:
- Acute injuries, such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries and fractures
- Overuse injuries, such as tendonitis or stress fractures
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness, such as infectious mononucleosis, asthma or diabetes
- Postoperative rehabilitation
- "Return to play" decisions in the sick or injured athlete
For a physician referral, please call (813) 644-6677 or find a doctor near you.
St. Joseph's Hospital-South
6901 Simmons Loop
Riverview, FL 33578
Map & Directions
Learn more about sports medicine services at BayCare.