Since opening in 1931, St. Anthony’s Hospital has been committed to improving the health of the community. The hospital will continue its commitment by responding to the growth of south Pinellas County with a major expansion and renovation plan.
Our goal is to improve patient-centered care and the family experience as well as increase the number of private patient rooms. These enhancements are designed to create continuous platforms of care that support clinical excellence.
The major expansion and renovation plan includes:
- Building a new 90-bed patient tower, featuring all private rooms
- Relocating the cafeteria and kitchen for better access to visitors
- Creating new educational classrooms
- Expanding inpatient dialysis
- Relocation of key departments and services including the pharmacy and the laboratory
This expansion cost will total $152 million.
The Seventh Avenue Main Lobby Entrance will be closed to begin construction. The Seventh Avenue Garage will remain open and accessible from Fifth Avenue N. For patient and visitor convenience, valet parking is available at the Seventh Avenue Garage, the Jackson Street Garage, the Professional Office Building, and the Emergency Center.
Construction is expected to be completed by 2022.