Wound Care Services
Bartow Regional Medical Center offers specialized, outpatient care for non-healing wounds, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Our team of doctors and nurses provide the latest treatments available to promote healing of chronic wounds and help patients recover as quickly as possible.
We provide care for:
- Bone infections
- Diabetic foot and leg wounds
- Recurring wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Ulcers, including ischemic, pressure and venous stasis
- Wounds association with radiation therapy
- Other conditions such as bites, infections and more
To determine the best course of treatment, we will do a thorough evaluation of your wound and current health status. Health care professionals who specialize in wound healing will educate you about the cause of your wound, and keep you informed throughout the healing process.
They will provide information on how to:
- Prevent wounds from happening
- Care for your wound
- Recognize early warning signs of complications
Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
At the Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine at Bartow Regional Medical Center, we pride ourselves in healing wounds and restoring patients to a better quality of life. If you have a wound that has not healed in two weeks, the medical team at the Wound Care Center can help you with your treatment.
We treat non-healing wounds such as pressure, arterial and venous stasis ulcers, radiation tissue damage, collagen disorders, chronic infections and injuries from trauma.
Our team of professionals will offer you individualized treatment plans, comprehensive therapies and the latest procedures and equipment to assist in healing wounds. Services at our center include:
- Topical wound therapy
- Compression therapy / edema management
- Laboratory and radiological evaluation
- Nutritional and antibiotic management
- Patient education
- Special needs for pressure relief, including beds, seat cushions and footwear
Learn more about wound care services at BayCare.
For more information or a physician referral, call (863) 280-6077.