BayCare is all about making the most of your life and loving your career. With this in mind, BayCare provides an array of benefits to help you meet the daily challenges of balancing all aspects of your life and career goals. Through ChoiceBenefits, your health care, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and disability insurance, as well as your retirement benefits are all offered in a way that gives you choice and flexibility to make your benefits work for you. Our flexible benefits program is designed so that many of these plans are provided on a pre-tax basis through convenient payroll deductions. Everything we do is with you in mind - we invite you to choose whichever options best fit your needs and the needs of your loved ones.
We also support our Team Members’ personal and professional success by providing opportunities to further their passion in all areas of their lives. In addition to offering a variety of work/life perks including professional development, recognition programs and employee assistance, we plan rewarding activities and provide services to help make life a bit easier.
Come find your place within our positive team environment and discover a work/life balance like never before.
- Choose from three comprehensive medical plans.
- We subsidize 75% of the costs for team members and their families.
- All medical plans include a pharmacy benefit.
Three dental options available from basic preventive services only to a full service plan that includes orthodontics.
Coverage for eye exams, eyeglasses, and contact lenses at a discounted cost to team members.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Accrue PTO Hours: Up to a maximum of 480 hours in your PTO bank
- Cash-In Your PTO: Sell up to 100 hours of your accrued time
- Leave of Absence: In Accordance With The Family Medical Leave Act
- Personal Leave
- Military Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty
- 401(k) Plan with traditional pre-tax and Roth after-tax contributions
- BayCare match
- Separate BayCare contribution whether or not you contribute to the 401(k) plan
- 26 investment options
- Team Member Life
- Dependent Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment for you and your dependents
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 24-Hour Group Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidential assistance is available for those team members and dependents experiencing emotional, financial, legal or other personal problems through BayCare’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Health Coaching
- Connect to a Healthier Me (Comprehensive Wellness Program)
- Diabetes Prevention and Supply Program
- Fitness Center Discounts
Continued learning is the key to advancing your career and meeting your full potential as an important member of our organization and our community. BayCare assists in career development by offering a competitive tuition assistance program for approved courses. Levels of funding depend on the number of hours worked.
- Auto Insurance – Through MetLife Auto & Home, BayCare provides a voluntary auto benefit program that provides access to insurance coverage at special rates for personal auto insurance needs.
- 529 College Savings Plan – BayCare gives team members a convenient way to invest in their child’s future by offering a college savings plan through payroll deductions.
- Identity Theft
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Purchasing Power
- Travel Assistance
- Will Center and Cignassurance
- AAA Membership
- Adoption Assistance – Financial assistance is given to team members who incur expenses to legally adopt a child
- ATM – Many of our facilities have ATM onsite for greater convenience
- BayCare Fitness Centers
- BayCare Choice Rewards Discount Program – One-stop shopping on products and services at discounted prices, available exclusively to team members
- Bus Passes – PSTA Go Cards, HartRide passes and bus route information is available to all team members.
- Charity/Financial Assistance
- Child Care – As part of BayCare’s commitment to working families, we offer on-site child development centers at two hospital campuses providing warm, quality child care for team members’ children.
- Credit Unions – Team members are eligible to join a credit union through their local hospital campus. In general, credit unions offer no membership fees, lower interest loans, free or low-cost account services and more personalized service than regular banking institutions.
- Direct Deposit – A fast, safe, convenient and automatic way for team members to get paid. It is hassle free and saves you time.
- Emergency Financial Assistance – An emergency fund that is available to qualifying team members going through a financial hardship. Funds are donated from the generosity of other team members.
- Employee Health – Free annual flu shots for all team members, tuberculosis screenings and other immunizations available for clinical team members.
- Free Parking – Parking is always provided free to all team members
- Holiday Gift – Every year during the holiday season, BayCare generously gives reward points to all team members to show appreciation for their hard work and dedication
- Internship Programs – A variety of educational opportunities to provide further education and career advancement are available through company provided Internship Programs.
- Notary Service – Free notary service for team members is available at most locations across BayCare
- Pastoral Care - BayCare's Pastoral Care Departments seek to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, families and staff. Our chaplains come from a variety of denominational backgrounds and serve not only their own religious tradition, but all whom they visit. Pastoral counseling is available for all who request help, and in some locations, mass is offered.
- Professional Development - BayCare encourages our team members to take advantage of a variety of free professional training and development courses including: leadership, quality training, computer technology and clinical education.
- Rapid Pay Card – A pay card is a prepaid card that employers can use to pay employees. Each payday, the card is loaded with the team member’s wages for that pay period. Team members can then use the pay card like a debit card, or they can transfer funds to a bank account, withdraw wages through an ATM or bank cashier, or purchase where they receive cash back.
- Reward and Recognition: BayCare has a reward and recognition program that allows team members to be recognized for excellent customer service and extraordinary performance.
- Sick Child Care - When your children are too sick for school, and you need to work, BayCare has a sick child care program available on one of our campuses, where children can recover from their illness in a pleasant environment with plenty of TLC from specially trained staff.
- Team Award - Annual financial award that recognizes team member achievements in BayCare-wide goals.
- Team Events - Each facility offers rewarding activities such as holiday celebrations and health observances, team building activities, fundraisers, wellness events, family picnics and more!
- Tenure Recognition - To thank team members for their loyal service, BayCare honors all team members at a special celebration after the completion of five years of service and every fifth year thereafter. As an additional bonus, you may select a gift from a recognition catalog.