Gastroenterological Services in Winter Haven, Florida
Winter Haven Hospital provides a comprehensive range of gastroenterological services for basic and complex conditions, from diagnostic testing to state-of-the-art surgical procedures. Our expert staff provides compassionate, patient-centered care for functional and structural gastrointestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), heartburn, constipation, hemorrhoids, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, colon polyps and colon cancer.
Diagnostic Testing for Gastrointestinal Disorders
The first step in effectively treating a gastrointestinal disorder is to get a professional diagnosis. If you experience symptoms such as unexplained weight loss, chronic gas or bloating, frequent heartburn, bleeding, diarrhea or constipation, talk to your doctor about diagnostic testing.
A few of the diagnostic procedures offered at Winter Haven Hospital include:
- Colonoscopy: Examination of the large intestine with a small camera attached to a flexible tube (endoscope)
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): Examination to identify stones, tumors or narrowing of the bile ducts using an endoscope
- Enteroscopy: Procedure to examine a part of the small intestine using an endoscope
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD): Examination of the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and the duodenum (first part of the small intestine) with an endoscope
- Esophageal dilation: Enlargement of the lumen of the esophagus with endoscope guidance
- Halo procedure: Procedure to remove or ablate precancerous cells or diseased tissue in the esophagus that is a result of acid reflux
- Sigmoidoscopy: Examination of the sigmoid colon and rectum using a sigmoidoscope
Gastrointestinal Surgery at Winter Haven Hospital
Many digestive disorders can be managed nonsurgically with medication and lifestyle modifications. However, some conditions will require surgery. Winter Haven Hospital offers gastroenterological surgery such as Barrett’s esophagus surgery, anal fistula repair, anti-reflux surgery, ulcer surgery, and hemorrhoid surgery, among others. Our care team will answer all of your questions before, during and after your procedure so that you can feel comfortable at every stage of treatment.
For a physician referral, call (888) 487-9718 or find a doctor near you.
Learn more about gastroenterology services at BayCare.