Sports Medicine Services in St. Petersburg, Florida
Whether you're a competitive athlete or a weekend warrior, the Sports Medicine Program at St. Anthony's Hospital provides you with a winning team of medical professionals. We provide the most advanced treatment in order to accelerate your recovery, restore optimal performance and get you back in the game St. Anthony's offers its exceptional sports medicine services at two locations:
|St. Anthony's Hospital
1200 Seventh Ave. N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Map & Directions
|BayCare Outpatient Center (Carillon)
900 Carillon Parkway
St. Petersburg, FL 33716
Directions & Map
The Sports Medicine Program at St. Anthony's Hospital offers customized training programs, led by certified athletic trainers, who can help individuals or sports teams improve their overall performance. Our programs focus on building strength, increasing flexibility, improving balance and core stability in order to increase function and reduce injuries. Some of the programs include
- Movement screenings
- Injury prevention clinics
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Strength training and conditioning
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
- Warm-up routines for daily practices
- Sport-specific movement instruction
- Strength and conditioning training for upcoming races or athletic events
- Nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids and performance issues
Sports medicine physicians specialize in the medical diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. Approximately 90 percent of all sports-related injuries are non surgical, and all sports medicine physicians specialize in assessment and management of non-operative musculoskeletal injuries. Common conditions treated by sports medicine physicians include:
- Acute injuries, such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries and fractures
- Over-use injuries, such as tendonitis or stress fractures
- Mild traumatic brain injury and other head injuries
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness, such as infectious mononucleosis, asthma or diabetes
- Postoperative rehabilitation
- "Return to play" decisions in the sick or injured athlete
Our Team Treats You Like A Pro
The Sports Medicine Program at St. Anthony's Hospital features a professional team of board-certified orthopedic surgeons, board-certified sports medicine physicians, physical therapists and certified athletic trainers deliver big league performance. Our Sports Medicine team works together to coordinate your treatment from diagnosis to rehabilitation and get you back in the game as fast as possible.
Service and Convenience
A broad array of programs are offered at several convenient St. Petersburg service locations designed to meet the needs of Tampa Bay's sports professionals, as well as university, high school and recreational athletes.
- Imaging Services:Three locations with superior imaging capabilities for sports injuries including 3T MRI with Ambient Experience and open MRI
- Surgical Services: State-of-the-art surgical services at St. Anthony's Hospital, Carillon Surgery Center and Physician's Surgery Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation: Our physical therapists can help you recover from injuries or surgery. Offered at St. Anthony's Hospital campus and St. Anthony's Outpatient Center (Carillon)
- Sports medicine practice for non-surgical treatment, medical management and surgical referral when necessary
- Sports nutrition
- BayCare Fitness Center (Carillon), featuring Kinesis training system for athletic conditioning
Call c for more information or a free physician referral.
Learn more about sports medicine services at BayCare.