Emergency Care in Bartow, FL
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1. For minor illnesses and injuries, visit BayCare Urgent Care for additional information and a list of locations.
Your Local Hometown Hospital with Big Services
When you have an emergency, Bartow Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department gives you the compassionate care you deserve. Certified to manage heart attacks and strokes, you can count on our highly trained team and physicians to provide your emergency care in a safe and comfortable environment. Our emergency room offers the full comprehensive suite of non-trauma emergency services and serves Bartow, South Lakeland, Mulberry, Ft. Meade, and other surrounding communities.
Quick Care Facts:
- Nationally Recognized, Certified STEMI Facility - only steps from our upgraded and renovated cardiac cath lab, our highly trained and competent staff has the capability to quickly treat ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarctions (STEMIs), one of the most severe types of heart attack. The best way to deal with STEMIs is by performing an emergency intervention within 90 minutes of first receiving care from emergency medical personnel. Not all hospitals have this capability. Bartow Regional Medical Center does. Learn more about Bartow Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Heart and Vascular Services.
- Onsite assessment and diagnosis services - providing labs, x-ray, ultrasound and CT scanning to diagnose everything from broken bones to strokes.
- All rooms are state-of-the-art - The most advanced electronic monitoring is used in all patient rooms. And the hospital uses an electronic medical records (EMR) system, which means our medical teams can quickly get your important health information so that our care for you is efficient and timely.
- Patient safety is of the utmost importance - We use barcode scanning to give medications. Nurses scan a patient's wristband to ensure patient safety before giving any medication.
Experienced Emergency Care Team
Our experienced team of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and patient care technicians treat emergency conditions and, if patients need further treatment, they provide advanced imaging services and surgical services in the hospital.
We care for children but if it’s medically necessary, we can arrange for transfer to St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital. Our doctors can consult with pediatric specialists at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital if a higher level of care is needed. Learn more about St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital.
Fast Track Process
When you’re having an emergency, but it isn’t an emergency, emergency – you can still be treated quickly and efficiently in our Fast Track Process. Below are just a few of the conditions we treat in the Fast Track Process:
- Flu, colds and sore throat
- Sinus, ear and eye infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Sprains, strains and minor fractures
- Animal and insect bites
- Laceration and wound care
Bartow Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department staff is unable to answer questions of a medical nature for patients not treated in the Emergency Department. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1. For minor illnesses and injuries, visit BayCare Urgent Care for additional information and a list of locations.
The Emergency Department can be accessed using the west facing Emergency Walk-in entrance from Eagle Drive.
Download the Bartow Regional Medical Campus Map
Bartow, FL 33830
Hours: 24 Hours a day, seven days a week