Alliant Speech Therapy
Our team of therapists is skilled in the intricate speech therapy needs of patients with complex medical conditions and prolonged illnesses. Some of the areas we concentrate include:
- Swallowing: To improve swallowing so that patients may safely resume eating and drinking. Speech therapy also provides diagnostic services, including Video Fluoroscopic Swallow Studies (VFSS) and bedside swallow assessments.
- Cognitive: Improve memory and reasoning
- Language: Helps patients who have difficulties expressing thoughts, wants and needs, i.e. aphasia
- Voice: Treatment of vocal problems such as reduced breath support during speaking, weak voicing and vocal cord pathologies
- Speech: Improves speech intelligibility for better expression of wants and needs
- Oral motor strengthening: Improves lip and tongue strength for clear speaking and eating/drinking
- Speaking valve training for patients with tracheostomies: Speaking valves are used to allow patients to produce voice and are also used to facilitate swallowing function.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC): Facilitates communication for patients who are unable to speak due to ventilator dependency or degenerative diseases such as ALS or Parkinson’s disease
- Head and neck cancer: Assists with speaking and/or swallowing as a result of treatment for throat, neck or mouth cancer
For more information about our Speech Therapy, call (727) 734-6528.