Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities at our healthcare facility. Our volunteers serve throughout the hospital, in virtually all departments.
Following an interview, every effort will be made to match your "special" skills, talents and abilities to hospital needs.
A criminal background investigation is part of the application process to join the Volunteer Service Program at Winter Haven Hospital.
Tuberculosis screening is completed.
- Complete hospital orientation. This orientation covers mandatory educational requirements including Risk Management, Infection Control, Safety, Emergency Preparedness, etc.
- A thirty minute session with the Volunteer Coordinator covering mission, worked hours, recognition, service openings, benefits, rules and regulations.
- A minimum of four training sessions with an experienced volunteer or staff member in your assigned service area, with a progress evaluation to follow.
Photo ID & Uniforms
- All Volunteers must wear a photo identification badge when they are at the hospital for any official purpose; i.e., service, orientations, meetings, etc. We will arrange to have one made for you in the Human Resources Department.
- All volunteers must be in uniform according to dress code while performing service duties or representing the hospital. Uniforms are sold in the Volunteer Services Office and range in price from $ 26.00 to $34.00. We can lend you a training uniform (cobbler's apron) if an order must be placed for your desired style and size.
You will be invited to join the Winter Haven Hospital Auxiliary and Membership dues are $5.00 per year. As a member, you will receive much personal satisfaction by being a part of all special fund raising events that benefit the many patient care projects and health related scholarships provided by the Auxiliary. You many also elect to serve in a leadership role on the Auxiliary Board.