Orthopedic Rehabilitation Programs
BayCare Health System's comprehensive orthopedic rehabilitation program maintains its robust continuum of care for patients recovering from surgery or injury. Whether you use our inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation centers, you will be cared for by highly skilled physical and occupational therapists and athletic trainers who employ specialized therapeutic exercise equipment. Our program is designed to help patients achieve the highest level of function possible by creating research-based treatment protocols specific to each patient's condition.
Restoring Maximum Movement and Function
Our physical and occupational therapists begin your treatment by conducting a thorough assessment of your abilities. Part of this assessment includes evaluating movement patterns, isokinetic testing, assessing strength, balance, coordination and posture. We use a variety of procedures including: exercises to increase strength, range of motion, coordination and circulation; balance, endurance and gait training (often with the use of assistive devices such as walkers or canes); physical agents such as hot/cold packs, electrical stimulation, ultra sound, light therapy, whole body vibration; and exercise to relieve pain, promote healing and restore function. Occupational therapists help people learn new skills or adapt to a permanent loss so that they can do the day-do-day tasks that occupy their time, give them independence, or bring them enjoyment. Through the programs below, we work to achieve superior outcomes with highly compassionate care:
- Post Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
- Post Spinal Surgery Rehabilitation
- Prosthetic/Orthotic Training
- Rotator Cuff Rehabilitation
- Spine Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic modalities that employ electrical stimulation, cryotherapy, ultrasound and lasers.
- Balance & Vestibular - Therapeutic evaluations and exercises help people regain their mobility and avoid falls
- Occupational therapy for upper extremity conditions are performed by certified hand therapists who specialize in the treatment and fabrication of static and dynamic splints for a wide variety of injuries, such as fractures, tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and complex tendon lacerations.
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill® to address the special needs of patients with certain orthopedic conditions and injuries
We also provide:
- Physical therapy for a comprehensive range of conditions resulting from injuries sustained at home, at work or during sports activities
- An innovative core stabilization program and “back school” that help patients control back pain and gain greater movement and strength
- A therapeutic approach that evaluates muscle imbalances and provides simple exercises to help reduce or eliminate pain due to spine or shoulder injuries
- A dynamic evaluation of your golf swing, pinpointing areas of swing imbalance that can be improved through our Sports Medicine Program
Additionally, our certified and licensed athletic trainers address the needs of professional, weekend and young athletes with injuries ranging from ankle sprains to rotator cuff tears and spine and neck injuries. Our staff helps these athletes return to their highest level of performance through a combination of treatment, education and sport-specific training programs.