Wound Care Team
When you turn to BayCare for treatment of slow-healing or nonhealing chronic wounds, our wound care team will design a unique treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. You can rest assured that you will be cared for by a team of experienced, extensively trained medical professionals that may include:
- Wound care physicians – Wound care physicians, utilizing advanced techniques, develop a personalized wound care plan. Your primary care physician will continue to manage your overall medical care.
- Wound care nurses – Wound care nurses have specialized training in the treatment and education of patients with problem wounds and associated conditions.
- Hyperbaric physicians – Hyperbaric physicians evaluate patients for hyperbaric oxygen therapy based on Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society criteria in compliance with accepted guidelines.
- Hyperbaric technicians – Hyperbaric technicians operate a pressurized hyperbaric chamber with 100% oxygen and continuously monitor treatments.
- Infectious disease physicians – An infectious disease physician diagnoses and treats infections in wounds.
- Ostomy care nurses – Ostomy care nurses assist with specialized pre- and postoperative care and education relating to ostomies, surgically created body openings.
To learn more about the wound care teams at BayCare’s various centers for wound management located throughout the Tampa Bay area, please call (855) 546-6296 or find a doctor near you. Our teams treat wounds caused by diabetes, surgical grafts, ulcers, lymphedema, venous insufficiency and other conditions.