Commission on Cancer Accredited Program
Commission on Cancer accreditation is a quality program of the American College of Surgeons recognizing excellence in cancer care. The following BayCare facilities are participants in Commission on Cancer (CoC) accredited cancer programs.
- Mease Countryside Hospital
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- Morton Plant Hospital
- St. Anthony's Hospital Cancer Center
- St. Joseph's Cancer Institute
As CoC-accredited cancer programs, our facilities are committed to providing you with all the services you need—from diagnosis through treatment, rehabilitation, and survivorship care.
About The Commission on Cancer
The CoC is a collection of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for people with cancer through standards setting, prevention, research, education, and the monitoring of comprehensive care. With the wellbeing of people with cancer as our number one priority, the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer continuously works with hospital cancer programs to improve care and provide you and all people affected by cancer with the best possible outcomes.
For information about the Commission on Cancer visit facs.org/cancer.
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
BayCare is proud to have many facilities accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). These facilities include:
- St. Joseph’s Hospital’s Hinks and Elaine Shimberg Breast Center
- Morton Plant Hospital Comprehensive Breast Center
By receiving care at one of our NAPBC-accredited center, you can be confident your breast care team includes dedicated medical professionals from all necessary specialties who will work together to provide you with the best care available throughout your care journey. NAPBC only accredits breast centers that commit to providing the best possible care to people with diseases of the breast.
The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers represents a collection of national, professional organizations dedicated to the quality of care of patients with diseases of the breast.
For information about the NAPBC visit facs.org/napbc.
American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) designation is awarded to breast imaging centers that achieve excellence by seeking and earning accreditation in all American College of Radiology’s (ACR) voluntary breast-imaging accreditation programs and modules, as well as the mandatory Mammography Accreditation Program. BayCare’s ACR Breast Imaging Centers of Excellence are as follows:
- Hinks and Elaine Shimberg Breast Center at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital
- Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center at Mease Countryside
- Hinks and Elaine Shimberg Breast Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital-North
- Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center at Morton Plant Hospital, Axelrod Pavilion
- Hinks and Elaine Shimberg Breast Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital-South
- Susan Sheppard McGillicuddy Breast Center at St. Anthony's Hospital Professional Office Building
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging - Van Dyke
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging - Bardmoor
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging – Riverview
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging - Carillon
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging - Westchase
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging - St. Anthony's Suncoast Building
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging -South Tampa
- Mease Dunedin Hospital Outpatient Imaging Department
- South Florida Baptist Hospital Breast Center
- Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center at BayCare Outpatient Center - Trinity
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging- Land O’Lakes
- Winter Haven Women's Hospital Breast and Imaging Center
For information about the American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence visit Accredited Facility Search (acraccreditation.org).
American College of Radiology – Accredited Facility
To achieve the American College of Radiology (ACR) Gold Standard of Accreditation, our facility's personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance, and quality control procedures have gone through a rigorous review process and have met specific qualifications. It's important for patients to know that every aspect of the ACR accreditation process is overseen by board-certified, expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging. The following BayCare facilities hold this accreditation:
- Morton Plant Hospital Department of Radiology
- Mease Countryside Hospital Department
- BayCare Outpatient Imaging Centers (Accredited in MRI, CT and US).
- Find a location near you.
For information about the American College of Radiology Accredited Facilities visit Accredited Facility Search (acraccreditation.org).
American College of Radiology – Radiation Oncology
The Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ROPA) program through American College of Radiology (ACR) provides radiation oncologists with third-party, unbiased peer review and evaluation of patient care. Facility staff, equipment, treatment-planning and treatment records as well as patient-safety policies and quality control/quality assessment activities are assessed. BayCare is proud to have the following facilities holding this accreditation:
- Lykes Radiation Therapy Center
- St. Anthony’s Hospital – Cancer Center
For information about the American College of Radiology Radiation Oncology Facilities visit Accredited Facility Search (acraccreditation.org).