St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital to Host Prom for Patients
St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital is hosting prom night May 19, 2017, for patients who were unable to attend their own prom due to hospitalization or who, due to chronic or life-threatening conditions, may never get the opportunity. Like all proms, the special evening will include a mix of music, dancing, refreshments, keepsake photos and memories that are sure to last a lifetime.
“We think it’s a night that every child should have, no matter how sick, which is why we’re giving all of our patients a chance to go to prom now,” said Jazleen Vecchiarelli, manager of clinical services for St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital.
The annual event is an all-day affair that includes selecting dresses and suits in the hospital’s special prom store, professional hair and wig styling, and pampering by makeup artists.
How can you help?
Below are several ways you can help make this special night complete for our patients and families.
- Sponsor a child attending prom or become an event sponsor
- Donate a good or service to be used at the event
- Donate new or barely used prom attire, including:
- Boys’/Men’s clothing, size infant to adult. Clothing options can range from “Sunday Best” to suits or tuxedos.
- Girls’/Women’s dresses, size infant to adult.
- Boys’ and Girls’ dress shoes.
- Accessories, including jewelry, ties, belts, etc.
Clothing donations can be dropped off in the blue bin marked “Prom” inside the lobby of St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, located at 3001 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. in Tampa.
To make a monetary donation, sponsor a child attending prom or to donate a good or service, visit
SJHFoundation.org or call the St. Joseph’s Hospitals Foundation at (813) 872-0979.