Christmas in July Donation Drive to Benefit St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital treats thousands of Tampa Bay’s children every year. Whether they arrive by ambulance, are recovering from open-heart surgery or undergoing cancer treatment, they receive the finest medical treatment, emotional support and loving care available. But they have other special needs - play and distraction from their illness - that are met with the help of generous people throughout the community.
“Medical settings are a new, unfamiliar world for most children,” said St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Child Life Supervisor Christi Schwichtenberg. “Providing them with fun activities like art and music therapy, developmental play or movie nights can bring a momentary escape from the hospital experience and their illness.”
Donations collected during St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital’s annual Christmas in July donation drive help provide entertainment and comfort to pediatric patients throughout the year.
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Help brighten the spirits of hospitalized kids by donating a patient experience, activity or distraction item online at StJosephsChristmas.org. Monetary donations can be made in any denomination and are greatly appreciated.
- Drop off toys and donations in the circular drive in front of St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital during the special Christmas in July community event Friday, July 31, 2015 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Get in the holiday spirit by taking the #CarolinginJuly Challenge. Shoot a video of yourself singing two lines of your favorite Christmas song, share it on social media and challenge three friends to either do the same or make a Christmas in July donation online at StJosephsChristmas.org.
- Become an event sponsor or a community partner. Sponsorships available starting at just $1,000. Our community partners get their customers involved in Christmas in July through a donation of percentage of sales, register campaigns and spirit nights.
- Start or join a Christmas in July team. Host your own online fundraiser and enlist your friends, family and coworkers to meet a goal. Fundraising ideas include bake sales, raffles, jeans day and walk/run/bike activities.
For more information about Christmas in July, please visit StJosephsChristmas.org or call (813) 872-0979.