Tampa in Scrubs FAQs
1. What time should I arrive at the hospital?
Please arrive by 8am and report to the Medical Arts Building (“MAB”) auditorium which is located on the first floor of the MAB. The auditorium is located directly across from Indigo Café.
2. Do I have to wear the scrubs that were provided to me?
Due to the nature of the program, we do require that scrubs be worn to participate. Please report the morning of the event wearing your scrubs.
3. Where is St. Joseph’s Hospital?
St. Joseph’s Hospital is located at 3001 W. MLK Jr. Blvd. Tampa, FL 33607.
4. Where do I park once I arrive?
Valet parking is encouraged and available in the roundabout entrance of the Medical Arts Building Main Entrance at 3003 W. MLK Jr. Blvd. Tampa, FL 33607. If you prefer, we also have a Medical Arts Building (“MAB”) parking garage located on the corner of MacDill Ave. and Dr. MLK Jr. Blvd.
5. My scrubs don’t fit! What should I do?
We will have additional scrub sizes on-site to trade. Upon arrival, please let a Tampa in Scrubs volunteer know you would like a different size.
6. What shoes should I wear?
Please wear comfortable closed toed shoes while attending this event.
7. Will I be able to bring my cell phone?
Yes, cell phones will be permitted but they must be on silent during the track programs.
8. May I take photos during the event?
Photos will be permitted in designated areas only. Professional photographers will be on-site for additional photo opportunities.
9. Do I need to sign anything?
Yes, at registration, you will be given a Short-Term/Shadowing and Temporary Volunteer Application to fill out.
10. Are there breaks built into the program?
There will be a 15-minute business break between track sessions at 10am.
11. Will breakfast and lunch be provided?
Yes, breakfast will be provided upon arrival and lunch will be provided following your last track.
12. I need to leave the event early. What should I do?
We hope that you can attend the entire event, however, if an emergency arises and you must leave please let your track leader know as soon as possible.
13. How often do you offer Tampa in Scrubs?
We currently offer Tampa in Scrubs one time a year.
14. I have a friend who wants to attend. Who should they contact?
Please share any future referrals with us through our email at TampaInScrubs@baycare.org.
15. I didn’t get the track I wanted, may I switch?
Unfortunately, we are not able to switch attendees for the track programs due to limited space.