Urological Services in Riverview, Florida
Our urologists manage both complex and routine urologic conditions. Our urologic surgeons perform complex oncology surgeries and reconstructive urologic procedures.
Urologic Conditions We Treat
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexual dysfunction
- Kidney stone disease
- Male and female urinary incontinence
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (an enlarged prostate, which happens to most men as they grow older and makes urinating difficult)
- Peyronie's disease (a lump, or plaque, which forms on the penis. It can become painful, causing curvature with erections)
Urologic Cancers We Treat
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
Diagnostic Urologic Procedures
- Cystoscopy - a minimally invasive procedure, using a scope, to investigate the bladder and urinary tract
- Hematuria evaluation - diagnostic workup for blood in the urine
Urologic Treatments and Procedures
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCL) procedures to remove kidney stones using a minimally invasive approach
- Percutaneous Lithotripsy, a procedure that uses ultrasound waves to break up kidney stones in order to remove them
- TURP/ "Button" Procedure, a surgical procedure used to treat BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- TURPs - transurethral resection of the prostate, for prostate cancer
- Holmium Laser Ablation of the Prostate for BPH - a minimally invasive laser treatment for BPH
Interstim Neuromodulation for Overactive Bladder - using a small wire, your doctor can stimulate the nerves in the lower spine which may help an irritated or overactive bladder. Our doctors have a special interest in using this treatment for male and urinary incontinence and other related conditions.
- Male penile implants and sexual dysfunction treatments
Patients seeking more conservative treatments for incontinence and other pelvic floor issues can learn about non-invasive therapies and rehabilitation through BayCare’s Pelvic Health and Wellness program. Ask your physician about a referral to one of our specialists or one of our rehabilitation centers. You can also take our free, downloadable and printable Minute Quiz as the first step in improving your pelvic health.
For a physician referral, please call (813) 644-6677 or find a doctor near you.
St. Joseph's Hospital-South
6901 Simmons Loop
Riverview, FL 33578
Map & Directions
Learn more about urology services at BayCare.