Surgical Services in Riverview, Florida
No matter what type of procedure you undergo at St. Joseph's Hospital Hospital-South, you can rest assured that you will encounter experienced surgeons and physicians, an incredible nursing staff, beautiful recovery rooms and a variety of amenities. We have a patient-centered mentality in all that we do and strive to provide exceptional care that is tailored to your unique needs.
Learn more about:
Advanced Surgical Care in Riverview, Florida
Some facts you should know about our surgical services include:
- Experienced nurses - we only hire nurses who have at least one to two years of experience in surgical nursing. Most of our nurses have a broad spectrum of experience in managing pre-operative and post-operative patient needs.
- Cutting-edge surgical tools - the technology we use during surgery is state-of-the-art.
- Advanced technology - we use Electronic Medical Records (EMR) throughout the entire hospital, which consolidates patients' records, including medications, allergies and personal concerns. This avoids mistakes and allows us to provide efficient, individualized care. Our patient monitoring is also the latest in surgical technology; our nurses can monitor patients from anywhere on the floor.
Our Surgical Services
We offer the following surgical services here at St. Joseph's Hospital-South:
- Breast surgery
- Cosmetic procedures (in the case of reconstructions necessary from trauma)
- Gastroenterological procedures, including colonoscopies and upper and lower GI tract procedures
- General Surgery including appendectomies, gallbladder surgery, hernia repair
- Gynecological procedures, including hysterectomies, infertility workups and laparoscopic procedures
- Orthopedic procedures, including fracture repair, total joint replacements and the Birmingham hip resurfacing procedure
- Otolaryngological (ear, nose and throat procedures)
- Podiatric procedures
- Urological procedures, including stents and kidney stone procedures
If you come through the Emergency Room (ER) and require emergency surgery, we have general surgeons on call 24/7. If it is unclear if a patient needs surgery, we provide 24-hour observation beds on our floors. This helps keep the flow of traffic in the ER running smoothly. It also allows us to determine if we need to proceed with surgery, or if we can send you home safely to follow up with your primary care physician the following day.
For a physician referral, please call (813) 644-6677 or find a doctor near you.
St. Joseph's Hospital-South
6901 Simmons Loop
Riverview, FL 33578
Map & Directions
Learn more about surgical services at BayCare.