Mobile Medical Clinic
The Mobile Medical Clinic (MMC) began in 2004, providing immunizations to young children in Hillsborough County where vaccination rates were the lowest due to barriers like access to care and cost. Since then, the MMC has greatly helped to raise vaccine rates in those areas. Over time, we’ve continued to improve access to care by bringing other high-quality pediatric services to underserved areas. From 2004 to 2018, the clinic served 10,972 children across the county. The 40-foot bus is equipped with a waiting room, immunization safe storage, two exam rooms and necessary medical equipment to provide a wide range of pediatric services.
The Mobile Medical Clinic offers:
- Well child exams (school physicals)
- Sick care (Metropolitan Ministries & San Jose Mission)
- Immunizations and immunization record checks
- Hearing screening
- Developmental screening
- Vision screening
- Health and safety education
- Health insurance application assistance
- Medical care coordination
Many of our staff members are bilingual in English and Spanish. Our staff includes:
- Board certified nurse practitioner
- Registered nurses
- Early childhood specialist
- Children’s wellness & safety specialist
- Care coordinator
- Clinical social worker
- Team of dedicated volunteer health care providers
Who is eligible?
Children must be 18 years old or younger and have Medicaid, no health insurance or be Native American or Alaskan Native. We can't see children who have Florida KidCare or private health insurance.
How much does it cost?
On “The Bus,” all services are offered at no charge to families, and we strive to provide high quality, personalized care for each of our patients and the family as a whole.
Where does it go?
The MMC travels to many areas in Hillsborough County. Check out the most recent schedule below for locations near you.
Well Care and Immunizations Only:
Sick Care, Well Care and Immunizations:
- San Jose Mission Schedule
- Metropolitan Ministries Schedule - Services temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
Funding for the Mobile Medical Clinic is provided by our generous sponsors and partners:
- BayCare Health System
- Children’s Board of Hillsborough County
- Florida Association of Free and Charitable Clinic
- Hillsborough County Medical Association, Inc.
- Philanthropic Women of St. Joseph’s
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Foundation
- The Joy McCann Foundation