Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a basic endoscopic examination of the entire biliary system, which includes the gallbladder and pancreas.
We use ERCP for a basic examination of the tissue to:
- Find and remove gallstones
- Remove tissue samples for analysis (biopsy)
- Dilate narrowed ducts blocked by gallstones
- Therapeutic removal of gallstones
- Stent placement to treat biliary blockages
ERCP: What to Expect
During an ERCP:
- This is usually an outpatient procedure
- You can expect to go home the same day
- You will need to have a safe ride home
For more information about endoscopic services at St. Anthony's Hospital or for a physician referral, please call (727) 825-1111.