Sports Medicine Non-Surgical Treatment
Sports Medicine Physicians specialize in the medical diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. Approximately 90% of all sports-related injuries are non-surgical, and Sports Medicine Physicians specialize in assessment and management of non-operative musculoskeletal injuries.
Common conditions treated by Sports Medicine Physicians include:
- Acute injuries (such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee & shoulder injuries, and fractures)
- Overuse injuries (such as tendonitis, stress fractures )
- Mild traumatic brain injury and other head injuries
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness (such as infectious mononucleosis, asthma or diabetes)
- Nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids and performance issues
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Injury prevention
- "Return to play" decisions in the sick or injured athlete
- Strength training and conditioning
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
- Sports Medicine Physicians also specialize in coordinating care with other members of the patient's sports medicine team include physical therapists, primary care physicians,
- Orthopaedic surgeons and other medical specialties, athletic trainers and other ancillary personnel of specialty care and rehabilitation.
Call (727) 825-1450 for more information or a free physician referral.