Spiritual Care at Mease Countryside Hospital
At BayCare’s Mease Countryside Hospital, we recognize that caring for the spirit is as important as caring for the body. That is why we provide professional chaplains to tend to your spiritual and emotional well-being – that part of us that connects with something bigger than ourselves, the need for meaning, the idea of hope beyond just the physical aspects of life. Chaplains at Mease Countryside Hospital are available to provide in-person visits, a listening heart and spiritual support that meets you where you are.
The Duncan Chapel, located in the Villa Tower, is a place where people of all faiths can come for quiet reflection and personal prayer.
Your Hospital Chaplain
Your hospital chaplain has specialized education and training to serve the emotional, spiritual and religious needs of persons of all faith traditions, including those without specific affiliations. Through caring, compassion and non-judgmental listening, the chaplain provides spiritual care in a variety of situations at the hospital while respecting privacy and protecting confidentiality. Moreover, the chaplain offers comfort, strength and hope while respecting each person’s religious background and spiritual beliefs.
There are many caring chaplain services available to you free of charge while you are in the hospital:
- Visits on admission by request
- Crisis or emergency response available 24/7
- Assistance with care concerns and difficult decisions
- Assistance with spiritual or religious requests or struggles
- Advance Care planning assistance (Designated Health Care Surrogate and Living Will)
- Religious rituals, prayer, spiritual counseling
- Assistance in contacting your pastor or religious leader
- Grief support and follow up
- Volunteer visits
- The Duncan Chapel is open 24/7 for prayer and reflection
- Call a chaplain whenever you need a supportive presence, prayer, or spiritual and religious support