What Do You Know About Acne?
Eighty percent of Americans between ages 11 and 30 have at least one outbreak of acne, making it the most common skin disease in this country, according to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). Test your knowledge of acne by taking this multiple-choice quiz.
1. Acne is a disease that affects which of these?
2. Which of these is the most common area for acne to occur?
3. Which of these factors causes acne?
4. Which of these factors promotes blackheads?
5. Which of these hormones stimulates acne in people between ages 11 and 14?
6. Acne can be effectively treated with which of the following?
7. Some cosmetics and toiletries aggravate acne. What kind of cosmetic is least likely to do so?
8. How does exposure to sunlight affect acne?