BayCare encourages you to breastfeed your baby. It is the perfect, healthiest food for your newborn, and as a mother, you can enjoy a special bond unlike any other. We offer prenatal classes about breastfeeding to prepare you for the experience. Plus, your maternity nurse will help you get started within the first hour of birth. We continue to support and encourage you during this breastfeeding journey with assistance in the purchase or rental of breast pumps, nursing bra fittings and other specialty pampering. We can even help you overcome any difficulties which may arise with specially trained Lactation Consultants.
View upcoming BayCare breastfeeding classes.
More breastfeeding information:
- Mease Countryside Hospital
- Morton Plant Hospital
- South Florida Baptist
- St. Joseph's Women's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital-North
- St. Joseph's Hospital-South
- Winter Haven Women's Hospital
Breast Milk Donor Program
BayCare implemented a Breast Milk Donor Program to nourish fragile babies in BayCare Neonatal Intensive Care Units with natural breast milk. This milk is donated by healthy mothers in our community with excess milk. Learn more about why this is needed, how to become a donor, or to speak to a milk donor coordinator now.
Why donate to support BayCare preemies?
- It is easy and convenient and can be done from home
- It can be done at no cost to you
- You are eligible to receive reimbursement
How does your breast milk donation help?
- Helps save babies’ lives
- Supports mothers with critically ill babies
- Provides standardized and guaranteed supply of breast milk to BayCare NICUs
Ready to become a donor?
- Do you have extra breast milk?
- Want to make a difference?
For more information or a physician referral, call (888) 828-9580 or find a doctor near you.