Non-Surgical Weight Loss Programs
BayCare Health System offers outpatient nutrition counseling with registered dietitians to help you understand the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of medical conditions. Changes in your eating habits can improve your health. We provide individualized medical nutrition therapy for numerous conditions, including, but not limited to:
- Food allergies
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Sports nutrition
- Chronic kidney disease
- Home tube feeding
- Unintentional weight loss
To Make an Appointment:
A physician referral is required to see a registered dietitian. Contact your physician and request a referral detailing the diagnosis for which nutrition counseling is desired. To schedule your session, contact the hospital nearest you:
- Bartow Regional Medical Center: (863) 519-1809
- St. Anthony’s Hospital: (727) 820-7910
- Mease Countryside/Mease Dunedin Hospitals: (727) 734-6391
- Morton Plant Hospital: (727) 462-7459
- Morton Plant North Bay Hospital: (727) 843-4510
- South Florida Baptist Hospital: (813) 757-1207
- St. Joseph’s Hospitals: (813) 870-4886
- St. Joseph’s Hospital-South: (813) 605-3280
BayCare Health System offers three state-of-the-art fitness centers within Pinellas County that go beyond aerobics and weight lifting to encompass total wellness – body, mind and spirit. As a member of one of our community Fitness Centers, you can expect more “health” than “club."
- BayCare Fitness Center (Carillon) - St. Anthony’s Outpatient Center
- Cheek-Powell Fitness Center – Morton Plant Hospital - Cheek-Powell Heart and Vascular Pavilion, Clearwater
- BayCare Fitness Center (Palm Harbor) - Palm Lake Shopping Center
What is offered at the Fitness Centers?
- Activ Trax – A web-based program that creates workouts based on your specific needs and goals. It provides customized strength training workouts that utilize the strength equipment available at BayCare Fitness Centers. Create a new workout for each visit based on your goals and abilities. You will never get bored and you will always feel challenged. This program is free with a Fitness Center membership.
- Group Fitness Classes – Studies show marked improvement in overall health from people who exercise together. More than 60 group classes are offered seven days a week, led by certified group fitness instructors. * A fee may apply to some group fitness classes.
- Kinesis Fitness Classes*
- Stretch and relax
- Total Body Toning
- Yoga (gentle, dynamic and power and pre-natal)
- Personal Training – Have you reached a fitness plateau or just don't have the motivation to take your fitness to the next level? Receive individualized, one-on-one attention from a certified personal trainer, offering programs tailored to your specific needs. * Fee applies.
- TRX Suspension Training (available at Carillon Fitness Center only) – TRX is the original body weight-based portable training tool that builds strength, balance, flexibility and core stability for people of all fitness levels. TRX will help to increase Sports Performance Suspension training and builds superior muscular balance, joint stability, mobility and core strength, helping you perform better in any sport. It also improves posture and prevents injuries. * Fee applies.
- Massage Therapy (available to members and non-members) Massage therapy is an important component in maintaining a healthy, functioning body. Types of massage offered: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Sports, Prenatal/Post Partum, Thai, Cranial Sacral, Reflexology, Fibromyalgia and Stone. *Fee applies.
No two patients will have the exact same needs when it comes to beginning and continuing their non-surgical weight loss journey. That's why BayCare strives to offer personalized medical weight loss plans for our patients throughout Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Dunedin, Plant City, Largo, Tarpon Springs, and the surrounding areas.
Begin Your Weight Loss Journey Today!
To learn more about your options for non-surgical weight loss, register today for a free online information session. You can also call (855) 314-8350 for a free physician referral.