BayCare Shifts Urgent Care Services During Coronavirus Pandemic
To help better serve the community during the coronavirus pandemic, BayCare is shifting urgent care services at various urgent care centers across Tampa Bay.
BayCare will transform seven of its Urgent Care clinics to serve patients with upper respiratory-related symptoms, starting Monday (March 30).
Patients will symptoms such as cough, cold, sore throat and shortness of breath will be able to see a medical provider, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the following BayCare Urgent Care centers:
- BayCare Urgent Care (Countryside)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Largo)
- BayCare Urgent Care (NE St. Pete)
- BayCare Urgent Care (South Tampa)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Carrollwood)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Riverview)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Haines City)
BayCare is doing its best to serve the community in this time of need,” said Jim Cote, senior vice president for Ambulatory Services at BayCare. “We’re continually adjusting our urgent care footprint to safeguard our clinical teams from potential exposure to COVID-19, maximize resources and preserve personal protection equipment.”
BayCare will continue to provide care for patients with other non-upper respiratory-related illnesses and injuries, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., at seven urgent care centers. Those centers include:
- BayCare Urgent (New Port Richey)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Clearwater)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Tyrone)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Tampa – MLK)
- BayCare Urgent Care (New Tampa)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Valrico)
- BayCare Urgent Care (Winter Haven)
BayCare has closed four urgent care centers to reposition its team members and resources to COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites and other related services. For a list of those closures, click here.
BayCare will continue to operate three drive-thru COVID-19 test collection sites, in Pinellas, Pasco and Polk counties. BayCare, like other health care providers, is evaluating daily its capacity to provide service due to the tightening of test kit supplies. For a list of those sites, click here.