St. Anthony’s Hospital Expands Endoscopy Services
“Our campus is growing so that we can continue to provide quality care and serve more patients,” said St. Anthony’s President Scott Smith. “This unit provides a dedicated area for our endoscopy patents to receive care from our team. Now when patients come in, they enter the endoscopy unit and remain there before, during and after their procedures.”
St. Anthony’s endoscopic services, which are located on the second floor of the main hospital, have expanded from three rooms to five.
Endoscopy procedures, which may be used to simultaneously diagnose and treat many conditions, include endoscopic ultrasound, colonoscopy and bronchoscopy. The unit features:
- Endoscopic Bronchial Ultrasound, which can diagnose and stage multiple lung conditions.
- Fluoroscopic interventional endoscopy using advanced technology that includes diagnosing diseases of the respiratory system and providing pain management.
- Five full-service endoscopic rooms, two of which have advanced imaging capabilities designed for gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures. The previous unit had three rooms and one room with advanced imaging.
- Five pre-procedure rooms and five post-procedure rooms including one room that can be used as an isolation room.
- A dedicated waiting area for family.
- Private Consultation Room for physicians to discuss patient condition following treatment.
About St. Anthony’s Hospital
St. Anthony’s Hospital is a 393-bed hospital founded in 1931 as a ministry of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany. St. Anthony’s has a rich history dedicated to improving the health of the community by providing high-quality, innovative and compassionate care. For more information on St. Anthony’s, call (727) 953-6993 or go to www.BayCare.org/SAH.
BayCare is a leading not-for-profit health care system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services at 14 hospitals and hundreds of other convenient locations throughout the Tampa Bay and central Florida regions. Inpatient and outpatient services include acute care, primary care, imaging, laboratory, behavioral health, home care, and wellness. Our mission is to improve the health of all we serve through community-owned, health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. For more information visit www.BayCare.org.