BayCare Offering Free Heart Healthy Screenings
Screenings Include Tests and Tips To Help Prevent Heart Disease
CLEARWATER, Fla., (January 11, 2016) -- For six weeks beginning in February, which is American Heart Month, BayCare Health System’s community health screening team will be at various BayCare hospitals and health care facilities across Tampa Bay offering free heart-healthy screenings.
All screenings will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and include blood pressure, Body Mass Index (BMI) and cholesterol, as well as assess your risk for diabetes.* A nutrition specialist will be on hand to answer questions and offer tips that can lead to healthier lifestyle choices.
The free heart-healthy screenings will be offered in the following communities: Bartow, Clearwater, Largo, Lutz, New Port Richey, Plant City, Riverview, Safety Harbor, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Trinity and Winter Haven.
*If the assessment suggests your risk is high, an A1c test will be offered.
The Heart-Healthy Schedule is:
- Wednesday, Feb. 3: Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, Bekesh Education and Conference Center, 6600 Madison Street, New Port Richey
- Thursday, Feb. 4: South Florida Baptist Hospital, Community Conference Room, 301 N Alexander Street, Plant City
- Saturday, Feb. 6: BayCare Health Center, 8839 Bryan Dairy Road, Room 120, Largo
- Wednesday, Feb. 10: St. Anthony’s Hospital, Auditorium, 1200 Seventh Ave. N, St. Petersburg
- Saturday, Feb. 13: Winter Haven Hospital, Main Lobby/Wellness Center, 200 Ave. F. NE, Winter Haven
- Tuesday, Feb. 16: Morton Plant Hospital, Cheek-Powell Heart and Vascular Pavilion, Classrooms A&B, 455 Pinellas Street, Clearwater
- Thursday, Feb. 18: St. Joseph’s Hospital-South, Franciscan Conference Rooms 1& 2, 6901 Simmons Loop, Riverview
- Wednesday, Feb. 24: St. Joseph’s Hospital-North, Garden Lobby Classrooms, 4211 Van Dyke Road, Lutz
- Friday, Feb. 26: Bartow Regional Medical Center, 2200 Osprey Blvd., Bartow
- Wednesday, March 2: BayCare Outpatient Center (Carillon), Conference Rooms A & B, 900 Carillon Parkway, St. Petersburg
- Friday, March 4: Mease Countryside Hospital, 3231 N McMullen Booth Road, Safety Harbor
- Monday, March 7: St. Joseph’s Hospital, Medical Arts Building, 3001 W Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tampa
- Saturday, March 12: BayCare Health Center (Trinity), 2102 Trinity Oaks Blvd., New Port Richey
According to the Department of Health and Human Services, one in every three deaths in the United States is due to cardiovascular disease. That is about 800,000 lives or almost as many as cancer, respiratory diseases and accidents combined. Heart disease and stroke cost the nation $320 billion per year in health care costs and lost economic productivity.
BayCare is a leading not-for-profit health care system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services at 14 hospitals and hundreds of other convenient locations throughout the Tampa Bay and central Florida regions. Inpatient and outpatient services include acute care, primary care, imaging, laboratory, behavioral health, home care, and wellness. Our mission is to improve the health of all we serve through community-owned, health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. For more information visit www.baycare.org