Sleep Disorder Centers and Services in Tampa, Florida
The St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Sleep Disorders Center aids in the evaluation and management of children who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, as well as chronic lung diseases, degenerative muscle disease with chronic respiratory failure, hypoventilation syndrome and respiratory control disorders.
Treatment depends on the diagnosis and the severity of the illness. Our center features a multidisciplinary team of neurologists, pulmonologists, and technologists who observe sleep behavior and collect the data that will be analyzed to help diagnose your child's condition.
We diagnose and care for children with any type of sleep disorder, including:
- Sleep-disordered breathing
- Apnea of infancy
- Behavioral problems (bedtime struggles, night waking)
- Parasomnias (sleep walking, sleep terrors)
- Circadian rhythm disorders (delayed sleep phase syndrome)
- Movement disorders (periodic limb movement disorder, head banging)
For information about our Sleep Disorders Center, located at St. Joseph's Women's Hospital (serving both adults and children), call (813) 356-7106.