Mobile Medical Clinic
The Mobile Medical Clinic (MMC) began as an innovative solution to a major problem facing Hillsborough County. In 2003, immunization rates dipped well below the statewide goal of 85 percent, especially for low income families, according to the Department of Health. Access to care, cost and missed opportunities to vaccinate during routine doctor visits were all cited as barriers to better immunization compliance.
The Mobile Medical Clinic rolled into action by bringing vaccines directly to areas where the rates were lowest. In our first year on the road, we quickly realized there were other unmet needs among low income families in Hillsborough County.
The Mobile Medical Clinic offers
- Well child exams (school physicals)
- Immunizations and immunization Record Checks
- Hearing screening
- Developmental screening
- Vision screening
- Health and safety education
- Health insurance application assistance
- Medical care coordination
Many of our staff members are bilingual in English and Spanish. Our staff includes:
- Board certified nurse practitioner
- Registered nurses
- Early childhood specialist
- Children’s Wellness & Safety Specialist
- Care coordinator
- Clinical social worker
- Team of dedicated volunteer health care providers
Who is eligible?
Children must be 18 years old or younger and have Medicaid, no health insurance or be Native American or Alaskan Native. We cannot see children who have Florida KidCare or private health insurance.
How much does it cost?
On “The Bus,” all services are offered at no charge to families, and we strive to provide high quality, personalized care for each of our patients and the family as a whole.
Where does it go?
The MMC travels to many areas in Hillsborough County. Check out the most recent schedule below for locations near you:
Funding for the Mobile Medical Clinic is provided by our generous sponsors and partners:
- Children’s Board of Hillsborough County
- Healthy Start Coalition
- Philanthropic Women of St. Joseph’s
For more information, please call (813) 615-0589.