Pediatric Hematology-Oncology On-Site Services
At St. Joseph’s Children's Hospital, we believe in holistic, comprehensive cancer care. We personalize each child’s treatment to offer the best outcomes and apply the latest medical technology available. All of our pediatric cancer services are housed on the same campus as St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital for the convenience of our patients and their families.
- Inpatient Care: Our child-friendly inpatient hospital offers large, colorful rooms for your child and you to stay together. The rooms are grouped in small clusters according to age. Our top-notch pediatric intensive care unit is available, when needed, with full-time board certified pediatric intensivist physicians. Specially trained pediatric nurses provide around-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Care: Our lively outpatient hematology/oncology clinic provides ongoing treatment for children in a friendly, family-centered. We also have an infusion center, hemophilia treatment center and coagulation laboratory, and long-term follow-up clinic for your convenience and ongoing care for your child.
- Radiation Therapy: We have a full-time pediatric radiation oncologist and a team of pediatric radiation therapists to care for your child. You can trust that we will be using state-of-the-art medical technology within this center to provide your youngster with exceptional care.
- On-Site Testing and Imaging: Our on-site laboratory and imaging center allow us to provide test results quickly. With a staff and facility dedicated to children, you can be confident that we will make your child's experience as comfortable as possible.
- Surgery: When necessary, we have a full staff of pediatric general surgeons who work in concert with our cancer team.
Additional On-Site Cancer Services
- Hematology-Oncology Clinic
- Pediatric Infusion Center
- Unit-based education specialist/navigator
- Long-Term–Late Effects Clinic for cancer survivors
- Child Life Specialists focused on normalizing the environment through play
- Inpatient chemotherapy program staffed with certified pediatric oncology nurses
- Palliative Care program
For more information about the hematology-oncology services and care we provide, call (813) 321-6820.