The Sisters of St. Anthony's Hospital with Bill Ulbricht, former President of St. Anthony's Hospital (2009 photo).
The Franciscan Sisters of Allegany have been the heart of St. Anthony's Hospital since 1931. And still, today, they work in a variety of capacities around St. Anthony's sharing their love, dedication and compassion to all who come through our doors.
Countless thousands have benefited from the love of the Franciscan Sisters, and through their loyalty to the ideals of their patron, St. Francis of Assisi.
Sisters of St. Anthony's Hospital in the 1930s.
When St. Anthony's was founded by the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany in 1931, hospital administration was a ministry - not an industry - and "responding to the needs of the people" was their first concern. This founding initiative continues to endure and will shape St. Anthony's Hospital's plans into for the future.
St. Anthony's is the only faith-based health care provider in Pinellas County and places an emphasis on holistic healing guided by a clear set of values. These values drive us to treat all patients with the utmost dignity and respect.
Learn more about the ministries of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany.