Orthopedic Services in Plant City, Florida
Plantation shutters, soothing green walls, fold-out sleeper sofas, flat-screen TVs, internet access and monogrammed bathrobes sound like amenities at a boutique hotel. In reality, they are features of South Florida Baptist Hospital's orthopedic unit.
Orthopedic patients can recover faster and more comfortably in their own specialized, private room. Our 10 luxury rooms are designed large enough to accommodate physical therapy equipment, so therapists can come to the patients. Rooms include flat-screen TVs and access to an internet and media café - with computers and ortho-ergonomic furniture. Fold-out sleeper sofas allow family members to stay with the patient thus improving the atmosphere and the patient experience, creating an environment that is more conducive to healing.
But the experience begins before patients even arrive in the unit. Each Monday, the Same Day Surgery Center offers a two-hour class for patients who will undergo knee, hip or shoulder replacement surgery. Patients meet with the orthopedic team, which includes a physical therapist, a patient care coordinator, a perioperative nurse and a registrar to learn what to expect before, during and after their procedure.
Orthopedic Center Facts:
- The use of Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted used for repairing osteoarthritis of the knee and hip.
- The 7,000-square-foot floor includes 10 private patient rooms and an Internet café.
- Hallway lighting is indirect so patients are more comfortable when being rolled in on a stretcher.
- A home-like atmosphere is featured in rooms including plantation shutters, pedestal sinks, dimmable lighting, fold-out sleeper sofas, soft colors, art work, radio and internet access.
- The Internet Café is an upscale lounge with all the amenities including ortho-ergonomic furniture.
For a tour of the Center or for a physician referral, call (813) 754-4444.
Learn more about orthopedic services at BayCare.