If you have pulmonary problems or suffer from a chronic lung disease such as emphysema, bronchitis or asthma, Morton Plant North Bay Hospital’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation program can help you breathe easier. Pulmonary rehabilitation is a medically prescribed program focusing on improving your overall fitness.
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Chronic lung disease affects not just your health but your whole life. By learning how to manage your lung disease on a daily basis, you can:
- Relieve strain on your heart and lungs
- Learn to breathe more effectively
- Improve your overall fitness
- Help prevent other health problems
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation program consists of:
- Initial assessment and reassessment
- Education classes
- Breathing retraining
- Graded exercise program (heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen saturation are recorded before and after each session; participants are closely monitored)
- Dietary counseling (if needed)
The program includes one-hour rehabilitation sessions. Classes meet twice weekly and include a personalized exercise plan and upper- and lower-body strengthening exercises.
To get enrolled in the pulmonary rehabilitation program, please call us at (727) 859-4720. We will obtain all necessary documents from your physician. Rehabilitation is covered by Medicare and many insurance policies. Please feel free to ask specific questions about the cost of the program.
For more information about our Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program, please call or ask your physician to call (727) 859-4720.
Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Medical Arts Building
6636 Forest Ave., Suite 304
New Port Richey, FL 34652
Phone: (727) 859-4720
Fax: (727) 859-4728