The birth of your child will be a very special day in your life. At Morton Plant Hospital, our goal is to make this day as calming, safe and memorable as possible.
Labor and Delivery
Our private Labor/Delivery/Recovery (LDR) rooms were designed with a woman's touch. Soft, soothing colors create a warm and calming atmosphere where you can be comfortable throughout your labor and recovery period. Here you will also find all the technical support needed for a safe birth including the latest in obstetrical technology such as fetal monitoring and a modern birthing bed specifically equipped to ease the birthing process.
In addition, our LDR rooms feature:
- Sleep chair for labor partner
- Private bathroom with shower
Pain Management/Water Birth
Anesthesia and pain control options are available. Our nursing staff can discuss these options with you and help you decide which will provide the outcome you desire during your labor. Anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists are always available.
Water birth is a wonderful choice for those seeking a natural, non-medicated birth. Warm water emersion has been clinically shown to decrease pain and increase confidence and ease of movement during labor. Studies indicate that there is no increase in risk to either mom or baby during a water birth.
We take pride in being a family-friendly facility. A few hours after birth, you and your baby will be moved to one of our spacious family suites. These warm, comfortable and quiet rooms provide just the right atmosphere for you to continue the bonding process and to simply enjoy each other's company. Being close to mom makes it easier for a newborn to get used to life outside the womb, has a positive effect on a baby's brain development, and helps regulate a baby's body rhythms. Nurseries are also available at any time you need some extra rest.
Some features of our luxurious family suites include:
- 24-hour stay allowed for one responsible person of mother's choice with every effort made for comfortable sleeping accommodations, such as a sleep chair
- Wireless Internet for those who bring their own laptop computer
- Infant security system
- Television with DVD/CD player in post-partum rooms
- Room service for meals for mom with one free meal for support person
- Private showers
- Specially trained "mother-baby" nurses
- Lactation support
- Sitting area with television for guests
- Convenient access to cafeteria and gift shop