Community Health Needs
Identifying Health Needs, Finding Solutions - Morton Plant Hospital
As a leading community-based health system in the greater Tampa Bay area, BayCare Health System is committed to meeting the wide-ranging health needs of our neighbors in every community we serve. As part of that commitment, BayCare conducted a comprehensive Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) every three years to identify the most significant health needs across our region and develop strategies for addressing them. A collaborative process is used to develop the assessments (and implementation plans) integrating extensive data analysis, community member feedback and in working with community organizations that share our commitment.
For each facility's community, the following are available:
- Morton Plant Hospital 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment (large file download - please be patient)
- Morton Plant Hospital HealthForecast site (for 2016 CHNA details and interactive tools)
- Previous Community Health Needs Assessments
What you will find when reviewing the 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment:
- The introduction section of the report describes how the assessment was conducted (i.e., purpose, methodology, types of data collected, geographic area assessed, etc.)
- The Summary of Findings section provides an executive review of the Significant Health Needs of the Community and a Summary of Data with comparisons of benchmark data
- The Data Charts and Key Informant section provides all the detailed data visuals and tables as well as input received from key community informants. All this information is organized by "health topic" (e.g., Mental Health, Cardiovascular, Substance Abuse, Cancer etc.) and combines all relevant data from the various sources of research into one section.
- The Community Characteristics section provides a profile of the Population (i.e., population size, age, race, ethnicity) and Social Determinants of Health (i.e., poverty, education) for the geographic area studied.
- Previous Morton Plant Hospital 2013 Implementation Plan (Effective 2014-2016)
- For a copy of Morton Plant Hospital's current implementation plan, please email us.
Opportunity to Provide Community Feedback
If you have questions, comments or feedback about this study, please email us.