Experienced Physicians and Staff
There are many things expectant moms and their families need during the journey into parenthood. Now they can take comfort in knowing that we’ve built an extraordinary place that combines a high level of medical expertise and medical experience with compassion and caring, to create a special delivery for the whole family.
Our Medical Expertise
We’ve gathered an extraordinary team of medical experts to care for our moms-to-be and their babies:
- Board-certified obstetricians and certified nurse midwives
- Board-certified maternal-fetal medicine specialists who care for high-risk moms and babies
- Board-certified neonatologists who treat newborn babies needing a higher level of care
- Specially trained nurses, many who hold advanced certifications in obstetrics, newborn care and lactation
- Board-certified lactation consultants and nurses guide new parents on breastfeeding
- Education specialists offer a variety of classes to prepare moms-to-be and their families for a new baby
At Mease Countryside Hospital, we also have the only level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in north Pinellas and west Pasco counties, so we’re ready for babies who may need a higher level of care.
Our Medical Experience
The medical experience of our care team is another important element of the extraordinary place we’ve built for expectant moms and their families.
- 940+ years: Our board-certified physicians — obstetricians, maternal fetal medicine specialists and neonatologists — have more than 940 years of combined medical experience.
- 1000+ years: Most of our nursing team hold advanced specialty certifications in obstetrics and newborn care, and have more than 1,000 years of collective experience
We also provide specialized care from neonatal developmental therapists, child life specialists and board-certified lactation consultants.