Clinical Pastoral Education Program
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) is clinical training for ministers that focuses on:
- Learning by providing spiritual care to persons in need
- Reflecting on that ministry with colleagues and supervisors
- Exploring theological issues, behavioral science theories and their integration
- Gaining information, perspectives and interpersonal skills that increase effectiveness in any ministry setting, whether in a congregation, parish, institution or agency
Clinical Pastoral Education at Morton Plant Hospital
Located in scenic Tampa Bay, our Clinical Pastoral Education program hosts residents and interns from a wide range of religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Our certified ACPE supervisors provide education that is second to none.
- Opportunity for learning in a demanding acute care setting including Morgan Heart Hospital, a top 100 heart hospital 15 years in a row.
- A curriculum focused on acute care in fields such as cardiology, neurology (certified stroke center), and orthopedics
- An interdisciplinary faculty
- Training utilizing two clinical databases for health care/chaplaincy
- Intern units and a residency program are offered
- Residency is a 12-month stipend position beginning in mid-August. Applicants must have one previous unit of CPE and a graduate degree in theology or related field.
|Intern Units||Length of Time|
|Fall - Spring||26 weeks|
Email for specific start and end dates.
Application Fee: $30 (made payable to Morton Plant Hospital)
Tuition: $450 per unit
Morton Plant Hospital offers Level I/Level II and Certified Educator CPE as an Accredited Center for Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, One West Court Square, Suite 325, Decatur, GA 30030; (404) 320-1472
- The program is managed by a certified supervisor who is a member of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education.
- A professional advisory group provides visionary leadership that spans Pinellas County and beyond.
- Pastoral leaders from Morton Plant Hospital and Morton Plant Mease Health Care are actively involved in the success of the program.
If you are interested in more information about Clinical Pastoral Education please contact us in one of the following ways:
1. Contact the department at Morton Plant Hospital (727) 461-8045 or email to request an application packet, or ask to speak to the manager of clinical pastoral education for more information.
2. Download an application from the ACPE Website and e-mail or fax the application to us at (727) 461-8071, along with a $30 application fee payable to Morton Plant Hospital.
3. Write, call or e-mail Rev. Connie Bonner at:
Clinical Pastoral Education
Morton Plant Hospital
Mail Station #44
300 Pinellas St.
Clearwater, FL 33756