Bostick Heart Center Services
Heart Surgery Services:
- Aorta Coronary Bypass Grafting (ACB) or "Bypass Surgery"
- Valve repairs – Mitral and Tricuspid
- Valve replacements - Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid
- Atrial Septal Defect repair
- Aneurysm Repairs – Thoracic Aneurysm Repair, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Removal of diseased pericardium – Pericardectomy
- Creating a window in pericardium so fluid will drain – Pericardial Window
- Femoral Popliteal leg Bypass grafts
- Defibrillator insertion
- Pacemaker insertion
- Defibrillator and pacemaker battery changes
- Defibrillator and pacemaker lead changes
- Transesophageal Echo – looking into your esophagus with special device that can look at your heart
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Lung surgery – Thoracotomy. Minimally invasive lung surgery with Video Assisted (camera) Thorocoscopy, Mediastinoscopy – looking in mediastinum with special lighted scope, Lung biopsy
Catheterization Lab Services:
- Diagnostic heart catheterizations
- TEE (trans esophageal echocardiogram)
- Tilt Table Testing (for dizziness or passing out)
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Stents
- Peripheral angioplasty and stenting
- Carotid Artery Stenting
- Renal Artery Stenting
- Pacemaker implant & repair/maintenance (i.e., battery changes, lead replacements)
- Internal defibrillators
- Bi-Ventricular Pacemakers and defibrillators
Non-Invasive Cardiology services:
- Echocardiograms - including transesophageal echo's (TEE), stress echo's, dobutamine stress echo's, pediatric & neonatal echo's
- Stress Tests
- Holter Monitors
- Tilt table test
Inpatient Continuum of Care:
- Cardiac Cath
- Non-invasive Cardiology
Inpatient Continuum & Recovery Care after Discharge:
The Bostick Heart Center includes multiple patient care areas and services, necessary to meet the comprehensive needs of our communities. Some of those locations within Winter Haven Hospital include:
- Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) – Two CVORs are used for all heart & thoracic surgeries performed by our heart surgeons, Dr. David Evans & Dr. David Dodd. The CVORs include state-of-the-art equipment and design. Family members are encouraged to wait in the CVICU/SICU Waiting Room on Swann 2, just across from the Swann elevators, while their loved one is in surgery.
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) – Our 8-bed CVICU is where heart surgery patients recover immediately after surgery as well as then receive the most intensive care by our team of expert nurses along with our cardiac anesthesiologist & intensivist, Dr. Nicholas Fernandez. It is located on Swann 2 with a large Waiting Room just across the hall.
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) – The Cardiac Intervention Unit is a 12-bed intensive care unit designed exclusively for medical patients suffering from serious heart problems. This might include heart attacks, heart failure as well as patients having complicated procedures in the Cath Lab. CICU is located on Swann 3 with a Waiting Room just around the corner.
- Cardiovascular Unit (CVU) – The Cardiovascular Unit is a 32-bed "step-down" unit. Patients on CVU still require a slightly higher level of care than those on a standard patient unit—yet, do not require the intensive care provided in the ICU. Patients move here from the CVICU and finish their recovery before being discharged. Medical patients with more complex heart problems are also housed here, including those from the CICU. It is located on Swann 5.
- Cardiac Observation Unit (COU) – The Cardiac Observation Unit is a 14-bed unit designed for low risk patients who have symptoms that are potentially caused by their heart. This unit, staffed with a nurse practitioner who works closely with the admitting physician and cardiologist, work to quickly "rule out" heart disease as the patient's problem. It is located on Street 3.
- Cardiac Cath Lab – Our Cardiac Cath Lab, located on Swann 4, provides numerous diagnostic and interventional services. It includes a Waiting Room where loved ones can wait during the procedure. Non-Invasive Cardiology – The various services provided by our
- Non-Invasive Cardiology department (stress testing, echocardiograms, EKGs, etc) are provided in a number of locations throughout the hospital, depending on patient status.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – Inpatient services by the Cardiac Rehab team are provided at the patient's bedside. However, if you would like to speak with a Cardiac Rehab nurse, simply call (863) 293-1121 extension 1227. The Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program is offered in the Wellness Center, a beautiful, state-of-the-art facility located just off the Grand Lobby in the hospital's main entrance.