Joint Replacement Surgery
BayCare Health System's Total Joint Replacement Centers provide comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative care for patients undergoing hip, knee and shoulder replacements.
Our care begins with pre-surgical planning and extends to hospital- and home-based post-surgical care. You are in good hands with our orthopedic surgical and nursing staff. Our expertise is recognized locally and throughout the nation. Many patients travel hundreds of miles to be treated here, and some come from as far away as Seattle or New York. We perform more hip and knee joint procedures than any health care system in the region, averaging hundreds of joint replacements a month. Our facilities are equipped with the newest surgical tools and technologies available:
- Gender-specific knee implants which take into consideration the differences in anatomy of the female knee.
- Stryker® Navigation and the Orthosoft® Navigation Systems enable surgeons to perform precise calculations for the incision and ensure that the replacement joint is properly aligned for each patient’s anatomy. Patients benefit from improved joint performance, strength and stability. Our team worked with the manufacturer of these systems to develop this technology.
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques that reduce the size of the incision and the impact to surrounding tissue. This significantly improves recovery time and reduces post-operative pain. Unfortunately, minimally invasive surgical techniques are not appropriate for all patients, so please ask your doctor if you are a candidate.
- Replaced joints that have worn out with normal usage
- Hip resurfacing and total joint replacement
In addition to superior surgical expertise, we offer unequalled pre-operative and post-operative care. Each patient receives a notebook of instructions that explains what to expect both before and after the surgery. Our specialized teams of nurses, social workers and physical therapists guide patients through hospital-based physical therapy and prepare patients to return home. In the week following discharge, many patients receive in-home physical therapy and nursing care, while others need rehabilitation at a skilled nursing facility. We recommend outpatient rehabilitation for all our patients. Our rehabilitation centers provide individualized therapy plans prescribed by your physician and usually covered by most government and private insurance plans.
Locations providing joint replacement surgery:
For more information, call (877) 692-2922.