Explore Your Options for a Perfect Fit
Winter Haven Hospital is proud to provide a uniquely supportive and professional environment in which physicians can build vibrant careers in healthcare. We believe in providing only the best care possible to those we serve. We do so by capturing the vast skill potential of a diverse workforce. Learning from and caring for each other, as employees and providers, helps our team to discover and grow while seamlessly providing unparalleled care. Come be part of our;
- Fast growing community
- Financially strong facility
- JCAHO accredited 527 total beds major medical center supported 24 hours a day by a medical staff comprised of board certified physicians representing every major medical specialization
- Expansive Labor/Delivery/Recovery postpartum units located at the Regency Medical Center, winner of the 2006 Premier Award for Quality
- Affiliation with the University of Florida College of Medicine and Shands HealthCare.
Winter Haven Hospital Vision Statement
To provide service excellence, by being the best place for patients to receive care, employees to work, and physicians to practice medicine.
The Exhilaration of Community and Quality of Life
Winter Haven is centrally located in Florida’s lakes country with an ideal climate, natural beauty and a variety of leisure activities. Offering safe and attractive neighborhoods, affordable housing and low taxes, the Winter Haven area is truly an exceptional place to live.
- The average January temperature is 62°F/ 17 °C.
- While it is cooler or snowing in the other parts of the US, our Citrus is ripening, flowers are blooming and golfers are on the greens.
- Our famous Chain of Lakes, 16 freshwater lakes connected by a series of canals, encompassing 34 miles of lakes all wonderful for skiing, boating and world-class fishing.
- The beauty of our landscape is filled with Egrets, Ospreys, Otters and majestic cypress trees, magnolias, and oak trees, crepe myrtles, azaleas, and citrus trees.
- Public, Charter, Private schools, serve our early educational needs.
- University of South Florida (60 minutes drive time), University of Central Florida (90 minutes), Florida Southern College (30 minutes), and University of Florida (150 minutes) serve our higher educational needs
- Citrus Classic, Polk County's largest race/walk event with 1000 participants annually.
Here Today, Ready for Tomorrow
Winter Haven Hospital is eager to work with physicians to determine what diagnostic and therapeutic services would improve our vision of quality, progressive healthcare.
- Highly rated Winter Haven Hospital Ambulatory Surgery and Diagnostic Center (AS & DC)
- State of the art Emergency Department staffed by University of Florida physicians
- The area’s most experienced team of cardiovascular surgeons at the Bostick Heart Center
- State of the Art Nuclear Medicine, CT Scanning, MRI, and Ultrasound
- Radiation Oncology Department with inpatient and outpatient services including IMRT
- Complete digital imaging system with 24/7 interpretation services
- Sophisticated interventional radiology and cardiology services
Dynamic Interaction with Colleagues and Administration
Our staff physicians are board certified and represent 35 different specialties.
- Physicians educated at the nation’s top universities
- ARNP and Hospitalist services
- Physician Recruitment & Retention services provided by the hospital
- Strong Medical Staff Organization
Places to Play, Explore & Reflect
While the daily challenges of healthcare often demand intense efforts, coming home should be a chance to slow down with numerous options. The spirit of Winter Haven is friendly, relaxed and exemplifies quality Florida living.
- Tennis and country clubs
- Private and public golf courses
- Sports leagues for kids
- Tampa and Orlando area attractions are within an easy hours drive
- Less than 75 miles to Kennedy Space Center\
- 1 1/2 hours to Florida’s most famous beaches, need we say more?
- Major Sports Teams
- Detroit Tigers (spring training)
- Orlando Magic
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Thrive in the Comfort of our Backyard
Central Florida is a paradise of year around beauty. A progressive municipal/business community partnership and county economic development progress makes our economic climate strong. We look forward to sharing such exceptional balance with every new member of our staff. We invite you to discover a refreshing way of practicing medicine.
Winter Haven Hospital strives to seek qualified Board Certification/Board Eligible physicians for openings in our community. It is our goal to strengthen access, quality and diversity to services in our community to provide the best quality healthcare close to home. We support income guarantees, moving expenses and site visit expense reimbursement. We would love to show you the community of Winter Haven, Florida and have this be the place you call home.
For more information, please contact Physician Recruitment & Retention via phone (863) 297-1764.
In order to practice at Winter Haven Hospital providers must go through a credentialing process before they are allowed to work. This credentialing process applies at both the hospital/facility level as well as through various health plans. Direct contact information regarding third-party payers that require Physician credentialing will be supplied to expedite the payer credentialing process.
State of Florida Licensing Requirements
Florida Department of Health Applicant Information