Winter Haven Hospital Community Blood Center
Winter Haven Hospital Community Blood Center is your community blood center serving the needs of patients and hospitals in Eastern Polk County. We are the sole supplier of blood to Winter Haven Hospital, Lake Wales Medical Center, and Regency Center for Women and Infants. Our donors are the links to saving lives. Without you, we would not be able to provide the "Gift of Life" each and every day.
We have 2 community Donor Centers and three bloodmobiles that travel throughout our community every day.
460 First Street North
Winter Haven, FL 33881
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Tuesday: 8:00am - 7:00pm.
Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Lake Wales Medical Centers
Room 128, Deeley Hunt Building
410 South 11th Street
Lake Wales, FL
Monday and Thursday, 1:00pm - 5:00pm.
Mobile Blood Drives
(On rare occasion, blood drive schedule is subject to change)
Monday, November 4, 2013
Lake Region Village: 9am-12pm
Water’s Edge of Lake Wales: 9am-1pm
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Lake Alfred Citrus Research: 8am-11am
Webber International University: 10am-2pm
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Winter Haven High School: 8am-1pm
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Scenic Self Storage: 7:30am-11am
Lake Wales Tax Collector: 2pm-4pm
Auburndale Oaks: 2pm-4pm
Friday, November 8, 2013
Saddlebag: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Mobility Specialist: 1pm- 4pm
Grace Healthcare: 1:30pm-4pm
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Dr. Pichardo “Health Fair”: 10a -2pm
Sunday, November 10, 2013
St. Matthew Catholic Church: 8am-1pm
South Lake Wales Church of God: 8:30am-12:30pm
Did you know?
- The Community Blood Center needs to collect at least 100 pints of blood every day to meet the needs of our hospitals.
- Blood cannot be manufactured artificially and nothing can be substituted for the functions that blood serves. The only source of the blood supply is from volunteer blood donors.
- Approximately 60% of the U.S. population is medically able to give blood, even though many people mistakenly believe that they are unable. However only 4 - 5% actually donates once or more per year.
- Every three seconds someone needs blood.
- If all blood donors gave 2 to 4 times a year, there would be no blood shortages.
Learn more about: