Sleep Problems & Disorders
How much quality sleep should an adult get? Sleep experts recommend 7-9 hours a night, but most adults in the United States fall slightly short averaging 6.9 hours each night.
Some 70 million American adults have a sleep problem. About 40 million suffer from a chronic sleep disorder. These disorders may include any of the following conditions:
- Insomnia: inadequate quality or quantity of sleep
- Snoring: abnormal breathing and sleep disruptions
- Sleep Apnea: serious breathing disruptions
- Restless Leg Syndrome: neurological movement disorder
- Narcolepsy: sudden involuntary, excessive daytime sleepiness
Sadly, a large percentage of these conditions go undiagnosed and untreated, resulting in restless sleep, diminished energy and/or a decline in overall health and wellness.
Remember, sleep disorders can be effectively diagnosed and treated through a comprehensive sleep disorders center.
Please call (877) 692-2922 to find out more about our Sleep Disorder Centers.