(HealthDay News) -- Heartburn is common during pregnancy, thanks to an expanding uterus and hormonal changes.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions to help ease heartburn during pregnancy:
- Avoid large meals. Instead, eat several small meals throughout the day, remembering to eat slowly.
- Drink most of your fluids between meals, rather than with them.
- Avoid fried, spicy or greasy foods and any citrus fruits or juices.
- Avoid eating and drinking within a few hours before bedtime.
- Stay upright just after a meal.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.