Our Facility—Specially Designed for Heart Patients and Their Families
The Bostick Heart Center at Winter Haven Hospital is specially designed for our heart patients and their loved ones. Some of the features include:
- Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR) – Two CVORs are used for all heart & thoracic surgeries performed by our heart surgeons. The CVORs include state-of-the-art equipment and design. Family members are encouraged to wait in the Waiting Room on Swann 2, just across from the Swann elevators, while their loved one is in surgery.
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) – Our 8-bed CVICU is where heart surgery patients recover immediately after surgery and receive the most intensive care by our team of expert nurses along with our cardiac anesthesiologist & intensivist, Dr. Nicholas Fernandez. It is located on Swann 2 with a large Waiting Room just across the hall.
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) – The CICU is a 12-bed intensive care unit designed exclusively for medical patients suffering from serious heart problems. This might include heart attacks, heart failure as well as patients having complicated procedures in the Catheterization Lab. CICU is located on Swann 3 with a Waiting Room just around the corner.
- Cardiovascular Unit (CVU) – The Cardiovascular Unit is a 32-bed "step-down" unit. Patients on CVU still require a slightly higher level of care than those on a standard patient unit—yet, do not require the intensive care provided in the ICU. Patients move here from the CVICU and finish their recovery before being discharged. Medical patients with more complex heart problems are also housed here, including those from the CICU. It is located on Swann 5.
- Cardiac Observation Unit (COU) – The Cardiac Observation Unit is a 14-bed unit designed for low risk patients who have symptoms that are potentially caused by their heart. This unit, staffed with a nurse practitioner who works closely with the admitting physician and cardiologist, work to quickly "rule out" heart disease as the patient's problem. It is located on Street 3.
- Cardiac Cath Lab – Our Cardiac Cath Lab, located on Swann 4, provides numerous diagnostic and interventional services. It includes a Waiting Room where loved ones can wait during the procedure.
- Non-Invasive Cardiology department (stress tests, echocardiograms, EKGs, etc) are provided in a number of locations throughout the hospital, depending on patient status.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – Inpatient services by the Cardiac Rehab team are provided at the patient's bedside. However, if you would like to speak with a Cardiac Rehab nurse, simply call (863) 293-1121 extension 1227. The Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program is offered in the Wellness Center, a beautiful, state-of-the-art facility located just off the Grand Lobby in the hospital's main entrance.